Saturday, January 11, 2014

Julliette of the Herbs

Wow! I have never heard of this wonderful lady, how is that possible? I love it when I put the questions out to the Universe and information like this just shows up. Julliette's knowledge and wisdom is so inspiring!


Click on the photo below to watch the documentary.


"Juliette of the Herbs" is a beautifully filmed lyrical portrait of the life and work of Juliette de Bairacli Levy. She was a world renowned herbalist, author, friend of the Gypsies, traveller in search of herbal wisdom and the pioneer of holistic veterinary medicine.

Juliette with Gypsies

For more than 60 years Juliette lived with the Gypsies, nomads and peasants of the world, learning the healing arts from these peoples who live close to nature. Juliette's well-loved and now classic herbals for animals and for children have been a vital inspiration for the present day herbal renaissance and holistic animal care community. Juliette's extraordinary life story is as colorful and as exciting as her tremendous wealth of herbal knowledge.

This documentary was filmed on location with Juliette, 11 years before her death on location in Greece, Spain, France, Portugal, Switzerland, England and America. It is interwoven with Juliette's vast collection of archival photographs, together with scenes of Gypsies dancing and Bedouins with their herds, "Juliette of the Herbs" is an inspiring portrait of a remarkable healer.

Juliette died very peacefully in the early hours of Thursday, May 28, 2009 in Burgdorf, Switzerland. She was 96 and had a remarkable life, a peaceful death and will leave an incredible legacy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm currently in the search for sites or blogs. I really liked your site, would like to exchange links. I can add you to my blog for a list of links so that my visitors can see your site as well, in return I ask link to my website sancassano.com

    any questions only contact me

    greetings, I am waiting for your answer.
    karivelezs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete