Monday, February 13, 2012

The Scientist - "Back To the Start" Number One Song Today!

Talk about  Six degrees of separation, I feel like I am experiencing one degree today!

Last week I had lunch with my friend Christine Albert, she was going to spend the next couple of days shopping for four outfits to wear to the Grammy's and Grammy parties. How fun is that? I am guessing a lot of fun but a well deserved four nights of fun. Christine works hard all year as a board member of the Grammy's. She is often on conference calls or flying to LA between gigs with her husband, Chris Gage in their band Albert and Gage <----- go here and listen to their music, they will blow your socks off.  I was telling my artist friends at dinner the other night that I feel a little cheated that musicians get to hang out together all the time at their gigs, after the gigs, at award shows and we on the other had spend a lot of alone time in the studio only to get positive feed back at an occasional art show. I had to take my sister to a restaurant yesterday to sit and observe the reactions of customers to my art exhibit. Sad. LOL

So Christine and Chris were having a great time Facebooking updates from a party honoring Paul McCartney the other night such things as "We are standing 20 ft. from Paul McCartney." "Neil Young and David Crosby are at the next table." I came unglued when they said James Taylor was there.

Me? I was alone in my studio painting a commissioned "Red Guitar" painting, trying not to get paint on my laptop reading their updates. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'.

Then yesterday night 4, they went to the Clive Davis party. They heard Tony Bennett, Ray Davies, Jackson Brown, Alicia Keyes, Miranda Lambert and more. In the audience, Joni Mitchell, Tom Hanks, Jane Fonda, Elvis Costello and more. Then they started posting updates of the winners. We were all hoping that the locals like Chris and Marcia Ball would win. I was still working on my guitar painting, watching the Grammy's and talking to Martha on the phone so I didn't even see this awesome commercial that aired. Silly me, I didn't even think to ask Martha if her grandfather, Willie Nelson would be on the Grammy's and totally missed one of the best parts. Willie singing the "ColdPlay" song "Back to Start. Watch this it is sooooo awesome! Back to the Start.

I heard through the grapevine this afternoon (from Willie) that "The Scientist" the song in the video, i
is THE NUMBER ONE SONG TODAY! Here is a review earlier this morning! Only Willie could steal the show and not even be at the Grammy's!  I love you Willie!

Willie Nelson sings Coldplay better than Coldplay?

There was also a little plug for Musicares at the end of the Grammy's.
Read more about Musicares. They help musicians in times of need.
http://www.grammy.org/musicares

It is a small world isn't it? Martha was saying the other day that she saw a strange man (strange as in he didn't look like he was from around here) walking his dog on her property out southwest of town, and then found out that Sandra Bullock's ex husband, Jesse James lives across the creek. There is that ONE degree of separation again....

No comments:

Post a Comment