Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Light at the End of the Tunnel Was Not a Train

Have you ever been so unhappy that you end up down on your knees asking God why you are where you are and how to get out? I was there not too long ago but I had a deep sense that if I burned enough candles and said enough prayers it would be soon be revealed with great rewards. I am experiencing the rewards now and I am so very GraTeFuL!

Too many wonderful things have happened this week to mention but I will just start with being interviewed by Zulma Bucio Cadena on her EduStory~Consciously Creative blog. Zulma is one of my artist friends that I met while taking Kelly Rae Robert's "Flying Lessons" e-course in August. This group of women have helped me to poll vault to the next level of my art career and amazingly, according to this interview, I have been an inspiration to them as well, even through some really dark times. I love that! It just goes to show you that we can all feed hundreds with just one loaf of bread!


Last night I had a tasty dinner with Nita, Lana and Martha at our favorite Italian bistro, Enoteca. Okay, we eat there a lot but we like calamari and campari and half of our family and a few friends work there ...and the ambiance is wonderful. After dinner we drove down the street to see The Preservation at The Continental Club. Yet another family affair with my niece and her husband in the band. I wish I could call them every morning and have them sing my song to me. Mario was probably working at Enoteca this morning and Cayce isn't a morning person so I guess that wouldn't work. It is kinda fun when I have people come up to me and say "Hey, you are CiCi! I love your song, Sweet Cecelia!" Me too! It is a great message to all ladies!

So when I got in my car after hanging out on the street saying bye, I decided I was having too much fun to just go put my pajamas on so I crossed the river to about as far north as I ever go to go to see my friends Chris and Christine at Donn's Depot. They were playing to a record breaking crowd of people and the energy level was amazing! I of course had to hang out and eat chocolate truffles and chat so I was up until 3 am. Yikes!  I had to be up at 7:30 this morning to go hang my art at the Hyde Park Bar & Grill on Duval for a show that will be there and at the Westgate location from now until after SXSW. I had been dreaming of showing my "Red Guitar" series during SXSW for four years! Thank you Anne for hanging my art in one of the front rooms facing the street! I will be having an art opening on Wednesday at the Duval location. More info on that to come.

This week is going to be busy. I have to paint 3 more "Red Guitars" for the Westgate Hyde Park Bar & Grill. Tomorrow or the next day, I am taking some of my art to Jeanne Roe at Navidad Farms on 290 West, past Oak Hill. I am so excited about having a place to sell my art in the far south end of town area since so many of my friends and family live in that area. Gift shopping in the hood and supporting local artists in a good thing! Right?

Whew!  I need a nap!  Thank all of my loving, inspiring and beautiful friends and family for being here to help me reach the light at the end of that long dark tunnel. You all have hearts of gold. Love, Love, Love you all. Mean it.




No comments:

Post a Comment