Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waking up EARLY and drinking coffee in bed is one of my favorite things to do if I know I don't have to be anywhere. I have a couple of appointments later today to do some graphic art but the BIG art show is behind me.

I am happy to say that my friend Sofia and I had a great art show this weekend. The "Viva la Vida" Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Festival was really a lot of work but also a lot of fun and we made some money! I was so busy I forgot to take photos and there was so much to photograph. The costumes were wonderful, there was lots of music, food and fantastic art!

Every time I do a show I am surprised at what people buy. I spent days reluctantly working on earrings. I used to sell lots of earrings but as I have gotten older I have started creating large art because my eyesight isn't as wonderful as it used to be. I can only create earrings in my studio in the afternoon when the sun is shining brightly in the window. Well guess what, the earrings weren't the big sellers. But I also know from experience that at another show, they will be and wahlaa... I already have them made! Yay!

So I am feeling grateful this morning that Sofia decided to do the art show with me and that my grandson Dylan came to help me and that her fiance, Jeff came to help her. Being at a show for 12 hours is one thing, setting up and tearing down is another. Will I do it again. Yes!


So here is to another example of why a TEAM is important.

And here is Steve Jobs talking about having a TEAM

Happy Dia De Los Muertos to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment