Friday, February 24, 2012

Providence



This morning I woke up at 4:30, I would normally go back to sleep but I have been listening to Wayne Dyer lately and he says to pay attention when you wake up at the same time early in the morning. It's "God's Time." Time to meditate, or whatever you do to connect. I find that to be true. I have amazing tell all dreams at that time and I find that when I listen to that voice and go with it, something really cool happens immediately. It isn't always pleasant but it is divine and when I listen, I make the right choices. The lesson for me here is to pay attention when being guided by Providence.

Lately when I wake up at this time the word "INSPIRE" comes to mind. Then as Providence would have it, I found a Wayne Dyer 3 CD set at "Half Price Books" about living an inspired life or living IN SPIRIT. My favorite spiritual leaders always break words down so that they really mean something and stick in my head. So my goal is to live an inspired life and when I stay in that place I take nothing for granted. Every situation brings with it a message that I pay close attention to.
Last night, after having dinner with Danny, Rene, Chris Wall and Winker at Jovita's, I had art night with my artist girlfriends at Jessica's house. So how is this for synchronicity? Last week before my friend Beth left to go spend a week in Boulder with her boyfriend, she came shopping at my studio for a birthday gift for Mary. (Mary hangs out with a group of Kerrville Folk Fest people that my ex-husband, Davis hangs with) Our friend Kathy (who introduced me to Tony) was giving her a 50th birthday party. Last night as I am sitting at Jessica's house creating art. Mary who I found out is Jessica's next door neighbor, walked in and said "Hi Christina! Thanks for the birthday gift!" Small world. In an instant, my artist friends merged with my musician friends.

It was a fun night not only because we were creating and sharing art but because somewhere half way through the night the conversation turned to Jessica's divorce and how some men seem to be threatened by the empowerment women feel when they are in the zone, creating. I see it in the art and music business. It takes a really strong man to be able to live with an empowered woman. In August, during the first week of "Flying Lessons" with Kelly Rae Roberts, she mentioned a documentary called "Who Does She Think She Is" about women and their art. I bought the documentary and watched it more than once because I related to the Hispanic lady who lived in New Mexico who lost her children in a divorce because she became a successful artist and her husband couldn't deal with it. Something like 80% of students in art school are women but only 40% of the art shown in galleries is by women. The same goes for music. I am so proud of my friend Christine Albert who is the Vice Chairman of the Recording Academy. She is the second woman to be an officer and now she is Vice Chair.... Thank goodness she has a loving and supportive husband.... I always look to them as roll models for a great team!
Created January 1, 2012 as a lesson in my "Life Class"
“ The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." 
- Kelly Rae Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment