Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's God's Job

Yesterday I had a huge disappointment. A betrayal by not just one, but two people. Today, I acknowledge and accept that I cannot fix anyone or anything. It's God's job. One of the best quotes I have ever heard about disappointment was:

"Disappointment is when something I expected didn't happen, or something I didn't expect did, and it's a 'dis-appointment'. I had an appointment but I 'dis-understood' it. I didn't get what the appointment was really about. So the disappointments of life are simply the hidden appointments of love from God."

I knew this yesterday but was too angry at the situation to realize that every disappointment is really a hidden appointment with a higher order of understanding for me.

Guess it is time to work on some forgiveness.... maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. ...and believe it or not, some of the things that disappoint us the most, are the ones that open the doors for bigger and better things. Life is funny like that. Heal quickly, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina- Great post! What a great way to handle this situation!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, take your time to digest. You will know when it's time to forgive...and forget:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete